FAI BOD Minutes: May 2019

FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
May 18, 2019
AGENDA/Minutes

“The mission of Flashpoint Artists Initiative is to encourage growth & development of a community that promotes artistic creativity and freedom of expression.”

Meeting Location: Mary’s House; 3327 Hidden Acres Drive, Atlanta, GA 30340
Meeting Time: 1pm-4pm

Meeting called to order at 1:35 PM.

  • TAKE ROLL
    • Board members present:
    • Officers present: (President), (Vice-President), (Treasurer), (Secretary) Everybody
    • Community members present: Craig, Cinnimini
  • APPROVAL OF PAST MINUTES
  • RECORD OF BUSINESS TAKEN IN SESSION BY BOARD SINCE LAST MEETING
    • Item 1 – Building permit for effigy
    • Item 2 – Tori/Tyberg Issue – save for executive session at end of meeting
    • Alchemy 2019 Dates – Oct 3-6, 2019
    • Future event dates – Recommended –
      • EU20 Apr 2-5 – Have EU next year? Exec Session
      • A20 Oct 1-4
      • EU21 April 15-18 –
      • A21 Sep 30-Oct 3 –
      • Move to accept these dates as our next two years’ events dates – Mary
      • Approved by Consensus.
      • Ryan to approach Hugh about the dates. Aware we need K for A19 ASAP.
    • Need to increase numbers to meet CHE expectations. Hugh wants it to grow. We need to perhaps make a baseline minimum payment – Approved by Consensus
  • OLD BUSINESS
    • President’s Report (Mary)
    • Action Items from last month’s BOD Meeting (Date of Last Meeting 04/27/19)
      • Shoot for 501c3 change on January 1. Get with Draven and the accountant. Move forward as a single unit – moved. Approved by Consensus
      • Make sure EC is fully aware that they have to give their Event Report at the June BoD meeting. Mary to email ELs about same. Ryan and Stabler to call in. Get agenda out ahead of time.
      • Consider a partnership arrangement with FLOW to perhaps use Euphoria for training and development in exchange for a discount. Maybe able to staff Eu with fewer paid people. Put together Flow’s prices over time. Draven will put this together along with attendance data.
      • Year-Round Insurance Model – Draven to check on this.
      • Fund people bringing in art instead of cross-pollination –
      • Try to get Incendia back for Alchemy
      • How do we get more money for art grants? Can we designate certain percentages to impermanent art (food, burnable art), existing art transport and maintenance and reach out to some local artists
      • Alchemy something or other sell Stabler’s ponies to the Alpo plant.
      • Luis – met a community service group that does parks restoration and maintenance – we could partner as a way to get people into LNT. Do one where they are and then ask to do one in CH… Luis has their info. Wants to make a series of events sponsored by the A19 EC, and possibly some of the TCOs. Cost is about 200-300. Other org provides all the equipment. Maybe Home Committee? Luis will reach out to Park Pride and get their requirements. Luis’s group had about 30-35. Park Pride has enough stuff to cover about 40 people or fewer. Luis will get in touch for tentative dates and projects.
    • Committee Updates
      • Public Works Committee (Liaison Mary)
        • Craig is here to give us an update on PWC – 4 new generators. Exploring how to streamline inventory process to make load-in the inventory process, would free inventory weekend for team building and so on. They are looking at barcoding. He has chatted with Uber about it, who feels strongly both ways. Maybe
        • Update 2 – if we are going to continue renting structures, we ought to relieve ourselves of some of those – also need to replace wall that was damaged at gate.
        • Craig will check in with Karen about flame rating for the Circus tent.
      • Event Committee (Liaison Mary)
      • Communications Committee (Liaison(s) Chad)
        • Update 1 Work on Alchemy site should begin soon – FAI will be third. Need content migration – someone needs to read the pages from the old site and making sure it is accurate to send to Liz – no technical knowledge required.
      • Home Committee (Liaison(s) Ryan and Luis) –
        • schedule meeting with Cass – I will reach out to Cass
        • Ryan wants to get our community involved with CH.
      • Conduct Committee (Liaison(s))
        • Committee on indefinite hiatus
  • V. NEW BUSINESS
    • Put a line item on the tickets for art donations?
    • A line item for infrastructure (Showers)? Maybe a poll to see if people will be willing to pay extra for showers, and how much –
    • Prelim Shower research – Units with anywhere from 1 – 28 shower heads are available for rent. City water hookup is cheaper, but the can fill onboard water tanks, if necessary. Need electric, and can run on generator. Gray water is stored in tanks, and can be removed as necessary, unless there is a sewer hookup available. City water and sewer greatly reduce cost. We would need an ADA.
    • All Conduct Agreements need revision – I think we ought to add a TCO conduct agreement as well, and I think it should be rigorously enforced esp for BoD members’ camps. Past perception is that BoD members’ camps get away with a lot more stuff. Executive.
    • Treasurer’s Report – in this morning’s email.
      • Org:
      • Alchemy Event:
      • Euphoria Event: It appears Euphoria may have come out a few hundred ahead?? There may be some upcoming expenses.
      • Art Fundraiser Event:
      • PWC: 3352 for 4 generators (3,500)
      • Money Market (Op Reserves):
      • Available Credit Line: same
  • VI. ACTION ITEMS – Will be sent in email.
  • VII. ADJOURN
    • Motion to Adjourn: (Movant) Move to adjourn and move to exec session after a break.
    • Second (Secondary Movant)
    • Vote:
    • Time:

FAI BOD Minutes: Apr 2019

April 27, 2019

Called to order at 12:16
Present:
Ryan
Luis
Stabler
Me

Absent:
Chad
Duane – pending acceptance of resignation

Officers-
Me

Officers Reports-

Fire Safe Cabinets – Look for used ones after Euphoria

Question for Rangers – If it weren’t at a burn, would you call LEO. We support calling LEO.

No other committees present

Treasurer not here – can submit after the fact.

Ask HBomb and Ghini about extending ticket sales until Monday or Tuesday

Business taken outside of session – record in absence of meeting. Save the permit odyssey for the photo album

Old Business

We will come up with a Drone policy after this event

New Business –

Accept Duane’s resignation – Move to accept – Accepted by 3/5 plus Stabler. We thank Duane for his service.

Shoot for 501c3 change on January 1. Get with Draven and the accountant.

Talk up special event at the event

Luis will set up the special election – shoot to announce week after Euphoria.

Make sure EC is fully aware that they have to give their Event Report at the June BoD meeting.

Consider a partnership arrangement with FLOW to perhaps use Euphoria for training and development.

Year-Round Insurance Model –

Fund people bringing in art instead of cross-pollination
Try to get Incendia back for Alchemy

Restaurant depot

How do we get more money for art grants?

Put a line item on the tickets for art donations

A line item for infrastructure (Showers)

Alchemy something or other

Luis – met a community service group that does parks restoration and maintenance – we could partner as a way to get people into LNT. Do one where they are and then ask to do one in CH…

FAI BOD Minutes: Mar 2019

FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
MARCH 23, 2019
AGENDA

“The mission of Flashpoint Artists Initiative is to encourage growth & development of a community that promotes artistic creativity and freedom of expression.”

Meeting Location: 3327 Hidden Acres Drive
Atlanta, GA 30340
Meeting Time: 1pm-4pm

Meeting called to order at 1:35 PM.

  • TAKE ROLL
    • Board members present:
    • Officers present: Mary (President), Chad (Vice-President), (Treasurer), Duane(Secretary) 2:20 Duane called Ryan after he remembered, Luis called in at 1:42
    • Community members present: Alex Bottems – Gracie’s Safety Co-Lead
  • APPROVAL OF PAST MINUTES
  • RECORD OF BUSINESS TAKEN IN SESSION BY BOARD SINCE LAST MEETING
    • Risik Settlement Negotiations -Exec.
    • Modifications to our event security and safety measures from Chatt Hills meeting
      • Firearm policy
      • Drug Policy
    • Cleaning the Circus Tent – unless we talked about that in Feb
  • OLD BUSINESS
    • President’s Report (Mary)
      • Thank you for your productivity and respectfulness.
      • It’s been a busy month. We’ve (Jenn Thompson, Jamie Ouderkirk, and Myself) met with the Fire and Police Chiefs, as well as the City Manager for Chatt Hills. The meeting went incredibly well, and the EC are working diligently to provide all requested information.
    • Action Items from last month’s BOD Meeting (02/16/19)
      • Make sure EC knows we need an afterburn report – Tweak them again, and make sure they know the dates
      • Make sure FLOW knows we need EMT/incident reports/summary and SOP
      • Require review of afterburn reports at Nov and June BoD meetings
      • Let them know everything that has to included and what our expectations are
      • Vote Wed on the PWC budget and Event proposal. Stabler says they are ok.
      • Remind CHFD to have a boot drive – they just had to buy a new fire truck.
      • Ryan asks to identify a champion for 501c3 Draven is on it.
      • Chad has updated the strengths finder spreadsheet – check it – Chad says in looking at some of the traits, Duane and Luis round out some of the strengths of the BoD – encourages everyone to look at the sheet. Chad gave one to Aly as well. Stabler has not done his. We still have one or two licenses left.
    • Committee Updates
      • Public Works Committee (Liaison Duane, Mary)
        • Annika requests a membership at Restaurant Depot for volunteer support stuff – have them find out the details, and Alex will check with his Sysco rep.
        • Archive management and Corporate Record protection/preservation. Tori suggests a technology roundtable – Duane will ask Tori to set up a meeting with her, Chad and Ghini
        • I asked PWC vols to organize paper waivers for scanning and archiving they did that!
        • Update re Circus Tent
        • PWC is putting gravel around the containers. Need to ask Ed if we can use gravel from onsite
        • Craig is getting us four-seater carts for the event – in the event of an emergency, they will be surrendered to EC
      • Event Committee (Mary)
        • Impending Firesuit Purchase – Can they be rented? Alex is asking Cat to get rental info
        • Waiting mainly on structures info
        • Alex will be leading Safety with Gracie at the Safety Training and EU19
      • Communications Committee (Chad, Ryan, Luis)
        • Website is up!!
        • Chad is putting together a PR policy and guidelines for volunteers, and BoD, and so on. Sara will help Chad with that.
        • Communications request that we communicate with communications – let them know when meetings are, etc, and for clarification as to who is responsible for getting BoD info to them for posting, FB, the Alchemist. We need to communicate back and forth, to ensure that things both happen. Sara suggests cross-committee meetings. Let our committees know to communicate with communications – may show up to bod meetings.
      • Home Committee (Mary)
      • Conduct Committee (Liaison(s))
        • Committee on indefinite hiatus – motion to remove update section from minutes until hiatus ends. OK to remove.
  • V. NEW BUSINESS
    • Executive Thread Modification  – have a regular chat, and open an executive section as needed and then delete when it is finished.
    • Proposal for Electronic Waivers Ryan estimates 500-1000 year for EW, and they will store them
    •    Also are they legally sufficient?  What is required?  ID scan as well?
    • File Nomenclature and Management
    • Protocol for Annual Report Document Submission – if everything has been recorded and properly saved and named, everything except last minute financials should be able to be assembled before EOY. Need to establish a file nomenclature that we can use for everything.
    • EU19 Status Update
    • Contacts list – All our contacts in one place – maybe a spreadsheet we can separate into sheets
    • Need to make templates so new leads, etc are not typing over old Google docs and inadvertently changing the originals. A project to create this, and link from the Project Plan – which has not been created.
    • Need to announce Alchemy dates at this meeting. Give the EC permission to announce/remind.
    • For me – ask HBomb about FLOW shadowing for a few hours, and maybe hit them up about e waivers.  
    • Vaccination policy
    • Waiver updates – Jacob
    • Drone Policy – Jacob
    • SERT – ask about e waivers and contact mgt. Looks like we can have about ten people – they are planning on us being there, but we won’t get the official invite until we post the stuff on the website.
      • What about a swag swap at SERT? OK. Get a list together – Event Leads, PWC Chairs, BoD, EC –
      • Chad
      • Ryan
      • Draven
      • HBomb
      • Brian
      • Jeff
      • Craig
      • We have three more spots for who EC needs
      • FART – Flashpoint Artists Round Table
    • Art Fundraiser matching. Looks like we’ve done about 5,000 last two years. Ask Draven about the funds. Mandate requirements for check dispersal
    • Chain of custody documents, major assets,
    • Not conduct codes – memoranda of understanding.
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Org:
    • Alchemy Event:
    • Euphoria Event:
    • Art Fundraiser Event:
    • PWC:
    • Money Market (Op Reserves):
    • Available Credit Line:
  • VI. VOTES AND RESOLUTIONS TAKEN AT MEETING
  • VII. ACTION ITEMS
  • VIII. ADJOURN
    • Motion to Adjourn: (Movant)
    • Second (Secondary Movant)
    • Vote: Consensus.
    • Time: 3:25

FAI BOD Minutes: Feb 2019

FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
February 2019
AGENDA

“The mission of Flashpoint Artists Initiative is to encourage growth & development of a community that promotes artistic creativity and freedom of expression.”

Meeting Location: 3327 Hidden Acres Drive, Atlanta, GA 30340
Meeting Time: 1pm-4pm

Meeting called to order at 1:16 PM.

  • TAKE ROLL
    • Board members present: Everyone
    • Officers present: All
    • Community members present: None
  • APPROVAL OF PAST MINUTES
    • a)
  • RECORD OF BUSINESS TAKEN IN SESSION BY BOARD SINCE LAST MEETING
    • Approved Donations
    • Approved insurance for EU19, and have COI forward to Jacob
    • Documentation found regarding alleged missing funds.
    • Numbers from BMO are larger than what we found
  • OLD BUSINESS
  • President’s Report (Mary)
    • Thank you for your productivity and respectfulness.
    • Détente between PWC and EC
  • Action Items from December BOD Meeting
    • Reach out to Jim Taflinger about renewed sanctioning. Send 2017 year-end report. Chad reached out about that and sanctioning.
    • Our last conversation with Jim and Chw – we don’t have access to records beyond about 4yr ago
    • Hang onto until we see how things match up – not a good idea to open that can of worms.
    • If Uber has FAI receipts we want them. If there are LLC records in there, get rid of them – anything in the Troy timeframe is not reviewed.
    • Chad does not think it is a good idea even to open it up.
    • RESOLUTION – DO NOT OPEN THE RECORDS OR GO INTO THEM AT ALL. Leave it in the black box.
    • Draven wants to provide our reporting at cert, for feedback and transparency.
    • Draven notes that Amsterdam is the only one around for the BMO controversy, and he has been replaced by two people who are glad we lent them supplies.
    • Set up strengthsfinder for BoD members. Chad – Luis and Duane, yet. Ryan, no.
    • Thank Abi for inviting us to SERT Chad – Informally thanked.
    • Dale to get with Ed to determine areas to clear out for forest camping.
    • Me – Ed is willing to set up dates – I need to get back with him.
    • Ryan – Suggests pumping. Has driven around the property. Where we are is the best spot for isolation.
    • Draven to move money to reserves – Done
    • Follow up with Ed about proposed Land Agreement – Done – Contract is signed and awaiting COI Me – Done
    • Follow up with Chief Brett about permit and his action items from last event – Sent email requesting meeting with Els, Safety, and Myself Me – Done
    • Set up an email for Craig as PWC Chair Chad – Done
    • Reach out to Cass to start up Home Committee and ask her to delegate alternate site researcher Me. Cass is willing to chair? Make sure she still wants to. Ryan and me.
    • Reach out to Hbomb to OK Uber, and discuss any of her needs to produce the event proposal – Done
    • Get insurance for Euphoria – Draven to make sure Gaia, LLC – Dalton and Classic Tent are additional insureds Done, with reservations
    • Get Craig an org card and add him to PWC account – done
    • Craig to get list of proposed PWC members – done
    • Check on year-round umbrella coverage
    • Ask Hbomb to ask Uber about docs – Done, Uber has passed along what he has
    • Get Square Space up and running so Ghini can create website ? Done. Almost ready to launch. 2 factor identification snafu.
    • Remind Hbomb to include a PWC Liaison – Duane. Craig please cc.
    • Purchase flasks for Robert’s appreciation gift – Who was on this? Chad, not yet.
    • Talk to Jacob about putting a lien on the property – can’t do it
    • Find Code of Conduct Draft and share
    • Email action items list to BoD – forgot to do
    • Committee Updates – and liaison appointments
      • Public Works Committee (Duane & ?))
        • Budget submitted for review and discussion.
        • ii. Need to redraft committee charter (Mary)
      • b. Event Committee (Mary & Duane)
      • c. Communications Committee (Chad & Ryan)
        • i. Chad met with Sara and the Communications Committee last Sunday (01/13/19) – need an update Chad – website being tested -commerce section for fundraisers.
        • ii. Need to create an org phone number, and post on website – ok
          Ryan – how do we monitor? Who owns it? The org. Chad set it up. He is working on having the message notifications sent to Board@…
      • d. Home – already discussed – really important to continue searching alternate venues.
        e. Conduct Committee (Chad) – Indefinite hiatus.
      • Improving committee structure
      • Committee charter template – draft is drafted. Committees to prepare their charters.
  • V. NEW BUSINESS
    • A. Committee Assignments – Handled during Committee Reports
    • B. Housekeeping-
      • 1. Board Expectations –
      • a. Information Sharing and Documentation
      • b. Attendance
      • c. Unilateral actions
      • d. Need new Code of Ethics and Conduct
    • C. Upcoming Retreat Plans and Update
    • D. Secretary Call-out – Duane
    • E. Hbomb’s Proposal for Year-round EC – discussion
    • F. EC and Team Leads Chosen
    • G. Predator Page and other potentially libelous social media
    • H. Personnel
    • I. Goals/Goal Setting
    • J. Event proposal – $95, up to 1,000 people – vote scheduled for Wednesday.
      • Small online art fundraiser, and some donations.
    • K. Maybe have a conversation with FLOW, Draven suggests splitting teams.
    • Treasurer’s Report – donations.
  • VI. ACTION ITEMS
    • Make sure EC knows we need an afterburn report
    • Make sure FLOW knows we need EMT/incident reports/summary and SOP
    • Require review of afterburn reports at Nov and June BoD meetings
    • Vote Wed on the PWC budget and Event proposal. Stabler says they are ok.
    • Remind CHFD to have a boot drive – they just had to buy a new fire truck.
    • Ryan asks to identify a champion for 501c3 Draven is on it.
    • Chad has updated the strengths finder spreadsheet – check it
  • VII. ADJOURN – Moved by Pres. 2:48 by consensus.

FAI BOD Minutes: Jan 2019

FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
January 2019

“The mission of Flashpoint Artists Initiative is to encourage growth & development of a community that promotes artistic creativity and freedom of expression.”

Meeting Location: 3327 Hidden Acres Drive, Atlanta, GA 30340
Meeting Time: 1pm-4pm

Meeting called to order at 1:11 PM.

  • TAKE ROLL
    • Board members present: Mary, Ryan, Duane, Luis, Stabler, Chad on Conference Call
    • Officers present: Mary (President), Chad (Vice President), Draven (Treasurer)
    • Community members present: Jeff, Aly, Tom
    • Hbomb and Uber arrived 1:19
  • APPROVAL OF PAST MINUTES
    • a) Deferred
  • RECORD OF BUSINESS TAKEN IN SESSION BY BOARD SINCE LAST MEETING
    • We have a land contract and awaiting a COI
    • Draven has an insurance quote
    • Reached out to Chief Brett re Meeting
    • Draven proposed slate of 2018 donation candidates – remains open – we can introduce and vote on today.
    • Personnel Issues are handled without alienating anyone – Speaking with Hbomb and Uber later.
  • OLD BUSINESS
    • President’s Report (Mary)
      • Thank you for your productivity and respectfulness.
      • Welcome New BoD Members
      • Hbomb and Uber are the official Events
    • Action Items from December BOD Meeting
      • Reach out to Jim Taflinger about renewed sanctioning. Send 2017 year-end report.
      • Set up strengthsfinder for BoD members. – Chad
      • Thank Abi for inviting us to SERT – Chad will pass along.
      • Dale to get with Ed to determine areas to clear out for forest camping.
      • Draven to move money to reserves – currently at $72K – ~60% Total Cash on Hand
      • Follow up with Ed about proposed Land Agreement – Done – Contract is signed and awaiting COI –
      • Follow up with Chief Brett about permit and his action items from last event – Sent email requesting meeting with ELs, Safety, and Myself AI
      • Set up an email for Craig as PWC Chair – Done PWCChair @ Flashpointart.org – if he creates files he needs to transfer ownership to BoD email address – Flashpointartistsinitiative@gmail.com – if anyone finds anything they own – transfer to that one.
      • We are out of emails. Chad is going to try to use Michelle’s old address to create a group.
      • ELs should have an email address for the duration of their terms – creates a delineation between rep and non-rep.
      • May need to add a few more addresses – $5 per month.
      • Reach out to Cass to start up Home Committee and ask her to delegate alternate site researcher – Mary needs to do that more officially.
      • Reach out to Hbomb to OK Uber, and discuss any of her needs to produce the event proposal – Hasn’t accrued all the cost info to make the proposal. I will get them the tent rental info.
      • Get insurance for Euphoria – Draven to make sure Gaia, LLC – Dalton and Classic Tent are additional insureds – Draven will double check.
      • Get Craig an org card and add him to PWC account – not yet
      • Craig to get list of proposed PWC members – Meeting here tomorrow at noonish
      • Check on year-round umbrella coverage
      • Ask Hbomb to ask Uber about docs – Done, Uber has passed along what he has
      • Get Square Space up and running so Ghini can create website? Up, going, paid for, looking great, have a lot of stuff up an running.
      • Remind Hbomb to include a PWC Liaison – Done, but will double check
      • Purchase flasks for Robert’s appreciation gift – Who was on this Chad will order. Org will pay
      • Talk to Jacob about putting a lien on the property – can’t do it
      • Find Code of Conduct Draft and share
      • Email action items list to BoD – forgot to do
    • Committee Updates – and liaison appointments
      • Public Works Committee (Duane) Mary both volunteered and rage quit on the same day.
        • Need a sit down with Craig to go over how to do the budget, and some other to-dos – Probably Duane and Jeff in conjunction with tomorrow’s first PWC meeting – here.
        • ii. Need to redraft committee charter (Mary)
        • iii. Craig has been issued new keys for PWC, Duane (liaison), and Jeff
        • iv. Duane and Draven and Jeff working on new key policy.
        • EC only has access during the events, PWC has access at all times
      • b. Event Committee (Mary & Duane)
        • i. Team Leads mostly chosen
        • ii. Onboarded at meeting here, next Sunday
        • iii. Started a process to create SOP for the EC – Uber is focused on collecting institutional knowledge with Chas.
        • iv. Ticket prices will probably
    • c. Communications Committee (Chad & Ryan)
      • i. Chad met with Sara and the Communications Committee last Sunday (01/13/19) – need an update
      • ii. Committee up and running, Sara is the chair, Jessica Goth, Hbomb, Ghini were there
      • Approved Jessica and Liz Lanius as Comm Committee Members
      • iii. Recommends approving Sara’s choices for Communications Committee members.
      • iv. Go to Communications Committee Folder and read the BM PR Guidelines. Suggests a chain of command for information receipt and dissemination. Once we have that in place, we can make sure EC is aware of how to handle requests for communication.
      • v. Sara proposes bimonthly meeting with committee leads for updates.
    • d. Home (Ryan & Mary)
    • e. Conduct Committee (Chad) –
      • Indefinite hiatus.
    • f. Need a monthly Alchemist
    • g. Secretary works with Communications to Set Events for the BoD meetings.
    • Improving committee structure
      • Committee charter template -prepare and present for next meeting for vote.
    • Thank you to all our 2018 Officers. Y’all were great. And at the end of the meeting you quit.
  • V. NEW BUSINESS
    • A1. New Officers –
      • Chad will accept VP – approved by acclamation
      • Draven will accept Treasurer – approved by acclamation
      • Duane will volunteer as Secretary – prepare Agenda, take minutes and write up for approval, then submit to Ghini, document resolutions and votes, Duane to get with Stabler to see how to do that. Once a year, update the SoS records, and get the fee paid. No other volunteers. Accepted by acclamation.
      • Parliamentarian – Stabler approved by acclamation
        • President – Mary will accept – approved by acclamation
      • All appointments terminate at end of First BoD meeting in January.
    • Duane sworn in as secretary.
    • A. Committee Assignments – Handled during Committee Reports
    • B. Housekeeping-
      • 1. Board Expectations –
      • a. Information Sharing and Documentation
      • b. Attendance
      • c. Unilateral actions
      • d. Expenditures less than $500 don’t need pre-approval, but do require notification. ($1,500 per month aggregate limit)
      • d. Need new Code of Ethics and Conduct – Chad found it, it is in the Drive,
      • 01 Board of Directors/Copy of Board Code Draft 1.
      • There is also a folder called Planning and Strategy. With a 2019 Retreat Folder.
    • C. Upcoming Retreat Plans and Update – Duane has been getting quotes
      • Proposed total head-count 18
      • 7BoD (Incl Draven and Stabler)
      • 2EL
      • 2PWC
      • 5EC
      • 2 Extra
      • 2 Cabins, one larger with space for meetings
      • Can fix everything in one spot
      • Find a situation that works for everyone.
      • Ask Treasurer if we have the money – Tentative amount – $4-5K
      • Need to discuss year-round EC to get a better head count.
      • Plan for a retreat in the Fall, so we can put out callouts for next Alchemy, and for Euphoria (appointed after EU19) – Day-long.
    • D. Secretary Call-out – Duane is doing it. Hooray!!!!
    • E. Hbomb’s Proposal for Year-round EC – discussion – approved by consensus.
      • Need Alchemy ELs
      • Duane suggests New EC Starts Dec. 1, runs through Nov. 30, retreat in January, meet BoD, learn what’s expected, prepare to start Euphoria prep after the January retreat.
      • Redevelop our development team
      • Need to have a Euphoria go through, and an event on the same property twice in a row
      • How do we get people interested again?
      • Need to avoid the Douche-Clique issue
      • Avoid issues with people getting pushed
      • Need to add as part of training signing code of conduct
      • Draven proposes we wrap BoD elections and announcements by a date certain.
      • Ryan moves elections Nov 1 and announce by Nov 15 – approved by consensus.
      • Mary Seconded.
      • Need to create an elections committee. Do this at the Feb meeting.
      • Break at 3pm 2:58 back 3:13 Three minutes late.
    • F. Aly’s Proposal RE: Volunteers and Community Engagement
      • Wants to work on year-round community engagement.
      • Create different events on a monthly basis and revolving to keep people getting together, as opposed to informal sporadic activities that do not foster inclusion.
      • Monthly sponsored event
      • Crafts market once per quarter
      • Skill sharing
      • Other recurring ways to use the principles
      • Adopt a highway in our host community
      • Maybe find a location where the org could help organize a flow jam
      • Make it mobile so more people have convenient access
      • Create environments where burners artists can get together and share ideas
      • Uber – Petrie Dishes – Principle-based volunteer events – volunteer, maybe with a 501c3 and then have a party
      • Burn Shop –
      • Learn a thing – 101-based workshops in basic skills, very cheap – anything involving the burn bubble.
      • Build a thing – help local artists involved in BM style art projects – work to learn experience
      • Be a thing – host classes that would give a real certification – first aid, pyrotechnics, CERT, Ryan asked the mayor and ? of CH for ways to get involved – can this do that?
      • Luis says fun with a purpose is more appealing
      • Aly is willing to sit on the Home Committee and/or to keep them informed of things they are doing that involve CH.
      • Aly is commissioned to do the thing.
      • Aly also returns her checks to Draven.
    • G. EC and Team Leads Chosen
      • Ops – Brian and Motorcycle Wife
      • Safety – Jenn Mitchell
      • Info – Ollie
      • Art – Kat Yates, with help from Totoro
      • Hbomb will email the team lead lists
    • H. Predator Page and other potentially libelous social media
    • I. Personnel
    • J. Goals/Goal Setting
    • K. Ryan proposes adding an infrastructure fee to create funds for showers, etc. –
    • Move to table until next meeting, once we have an event proposal.
    • We would have to add that as an ask.
    • L. Insurance offer – It’s about 3600, a little less than half than Alchemy. Stabler says restrictions are as expected. Move to accept quote contingent upon adding Gaia and Classic – Approved by consensus. Direct Draven to write the check.
    • VI. ACTION ITEMS
      Set Goals
      Ask Draven to correct our address of record with DoR and so on.
      Hbomb and Uber as co-leads,
      Start Effigy and Temple call-outs
  • VII. ADJOURN – 3:56

FAI BOD Minutes: Nov 2018

Scott Ackeridge’s House
Attending
Chad
Ryan
Aly
Me
Not here – Draven and Stabler
Also present – Duane Edmonds, Jeff Ensing, Annika ZW, Brian Marino, Heather Jensen, Louis, Rania
Chad’s Baby – Cinni Mini
Old Business – remove HRC permanently from the agenda
12:43 Call to order
President’s Statement – Thanks again for Alchemy
Annika – Ants – vicious ants – is there a different way to kill them. We may need a big tractor.
Reserve executive session for phone call.
Abserd was awesome. Congrats to Uber.
Annika curious – do we have applications for the Board?
Alyson nominates HBomb, I second – Passes unanimously with an irrelevant objection from Brian.
Brian objects once he finds someone with principles – LNT
HBomb accepts – buckle up fuckers.
Aly will post on FB later to today so things can get started
Annika works for a company that makes wood things
HBomb – any suggestions for Ass Lead – Possible slight restructuring – no strong differentiation between lead and AssLead
Would like to have a second lead doesn’t have anyone in mind. She would be fine without one, but does not want to force someone. Does not mind having a shadow to see if they want to do it for A.
Moving people above their highest competence doesn’t work, they burn out, and they have to be trained and also train their replacements. If someone hasn’t lead a critical team, coming in as a dept lead is not necessarily wise. Wants to eliminate the Ass dept leads for Euphoria. They do a lot of work and they don’t get to vote.
Moto and Brian can be co-ops leads, they are both experienced, they both get to vote. If someone is brand new, they ought to be an Ass.
If the EC doesn’t unanimously agree, the EC votes. Stay away from the EL as dictator model. Any info that includes the EL should go to the EC.
Either agree, or majority rules.
EC doesn’t have a charter.
Ryan thinks there should only be one lead and one ass, cus never two ceos
Chad requests re moving people out of their comfort zones, how can we increase volunteerism?
Heather and Sara and Brian have been discussing this at length. Part of the problem is 90 day burns, it needs to be started early and repeated ad nauseam.
Ryan: possible problem – TCs have grown so much that many people only vol with their TC, that mindset needs to change.
Louis – how do we incentivize the TCs to fill a quota of volunteers
Aly – when TCs register, give them the op to adopt a principle and ask their members to volunteer to help with that principle.
They already have over 30 responses to their survey! Awesome!
T’fus has TCs adopt a team, and either fluff for them or be on volunteer standby.
Ryan – Hugh has said he will bring in heavy equipment to clear space for TCs in the woods. Getting vols for that is PWC’s issue.
Jeff suggests we use a different area and different entrance.
Heather says the entire area was under water after this week’s rain, practically a lake.
We may want to ask Hugh about a different area.
Hugh offers a Plan B area in case shooting overlaps with our events
Heather asks about moving dates due to heat. The property is E-W in full sun.
Draven asks about working at night – not great because people can’t sleep during the day.
Jeff says set-up would be mostly the tent company.
Maybe about 3-5 years to start buying our own.

Brian – we need less infrastructure for Euphoria – we should not run it like little Alchemy.
Jeff- we do not need permits for the 10×10.
Chad asks about putting 10x10s together.
Sara, not in attendance, put an idea of an Alchemy Event Lead in our heads, so we can put lead apps out for both?
Concerns about individual team leads should be brought up with the ELs
Ryan – are we ready to start voting?
Aly – we want to publish applicant results – should probably ask Ghini
How to set up ballots and bios.
Our two confirmed applicants are Duane Edmonds and Luis Oribe.
Duane wants to continue what this board has started – it’s a whole different world from when he left until now. Wants to help keep moving us in a good direction. Stop reinventing the wheel.
Draven – financial update – two A18 bills outstanding he is clearing up. For the year we are somewhere in the neighborhood of break even plus or minus a couple thousand.
Some eoy donations to make – LnFY, Beltline
Ryan – Serenbe in the area, maybe something to contribute there.
Beltline- open dialogue about the beltline because of gentrification issues
Discuss callouts for art donations at the January meeting
Annika suggests Lakewood Enviromental Arts Fndn – Leaf atlanta.
Draven working on the 2019 plan. Please contact Draven with suggestions.
We want Euphoria to break even – 800 – 1,000 due to wanting scarcity, and volunteers
New SC burn the week after Eu, T’fus is creating synthesis, keeps getting pushed back. They want to create the largest burn in the SE. They don’t have the property, we do.
Chad – one thing T’fus does very well is organization and communication. They have way better acronyms than we do.
We need to name our city – Etheria. HBomb- changes the whole mindset of the volunteers.
Chad- It needs to be a positive, aspirational name.
Aly – if we are trying to get longer lead times – should we have someone in some capacity capable of managing a transition?
Action items
Determine where to donate
Start considering Alchemy leads- want one immediately after Eu
Aly will post HBomb as Eu Lead
Get the permit filed
Maybe find the EL for next Eu20 at this Eu19
HBomb is committed to Eu19, HBomb and Sara want to do A19
Get the friggin’ website up
Tell the story. What have we done? What have we donated? What is our city name?
HBomb will break Draven’s kneecaps if we move.
Donation history so we can convince people to volunteer so we can keep giving.
Ryan suggests working with Jules, Ghini, and people to develop a project plan for website creation.
Aly suggests we have a publicity officer – communications lead? HBomb suggests Iz.
HBomb will spend the next 5-6years swinging her social capital dick around.
Annika says people ask her if Eu is happening. We need to announce that Eu is happening.
HBomb has effigy surprises. Something that has never happened before.
Closed 2:23