FAI BOD Minutes: Feb 2019

FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
February 2019
AGENDA

“The mission of Flashpoint Artists Initiative is to encourage growth & development of a community that promotes artistic creativity and freedom of expression.”

Meeting Location: 3327 Hidden Acres Drive, Atlanta, GA 30340
Meeting Time: 1pm-4pm

Meeting called to order at 1:16 PM.

  • TAKE ROLL
    • Board members present: Everyone
    • Officers present: All
    • Community members present: None
  • APPROVAL OF PAST MINUTES
    • a)
  • RECORD OF BUSINESS TAKEN IN SESSION BY BOARD SINCE LAST MEETING
    • Approved Donations
    • Approved insurance for EU19, and have COI forward to Jacob
    • Documentation found regarding alleged missing funds.
    • Numbers from BMO are larger than what we found
  • OLD BUSINESS
  • President’s Report (Mary)
    • Thank you for your productivity and respectfulness.
    • Détente between PWC and EC
  • Action Items from December BOD Meeting
    • Reach out to Jim Taflinger about renewed sanctioning. Send 2017 year-end report. Chad reached out about that and sanctioning.
    • Our last conversation with Jim and Chw – we don’t have access to records beyond about 4yr ago
    • Hang onto until we see how things match up – not a good idea to open that can of worms.
    • If Uber has FAI receipts we want them. If there are LLC records in there, get rid of them – anything in the Troy timeframe is not reviewed.
    • Chad does not think it is a good idea even to open it up.
    • RESOLUTION – DO NOT OPEN THE RECORDS OR GO INTO THEM AT ALL. Leave it in the black box.
    • Draven wants to provide our reporting at cert, for feedback and transparency.
    • Draven notes that Amsterdam is the only one around for the BMO controversy, and he has been replaced by two people who are glad we lent them supplies.
    • Set up strengthsfinder for BoD members. Chad – Luis and Duane, yet. Ryan, no.
    • Thank Abi for inviting us to SERT Chad – Informally thanked.
    • Dale to get with Ed to determine areas to clear out for forest camping.
    • Me – Ed is willing to set up dates – I need to get back with him.
    • Ryan – Suggests pumping. Has driven around the property. Where we are is the best spot for isolation.
    • Draven to move money to reserves – Done
    • Follow up with Ed about proposed Land Agreement – Done – Contract is signed and awaiting COI Me – Done
    • Follow up with Chief Brett about permit and his action items from last event – Sent email requesting meeting with Els, Safety, and Myself Me – Done
    • Set up an email for Craig as PWC Chair Chad – Done
    • Reach out to Cass to start up Home Committee and ask her to delegate alternate site researcher Me. Cass is willing to chair? Make sure she still wants to. Ryan and me.
    • Reach out to Hbomb to OK Uber, and discuss any of her needs to produce the event proposal – Done
    • Get insurance for Euphoria – Draven to make sure Gaia, LLC – Dalton and Classic Tent are additional insureds Done, with reservations
    • Get Craig an org card and add him to PWC account – done
    • Craig to get list of proposed PWC members – done
    • Check on year-round umbrella coverage
    • Ask Hbomb to ask Uber about docs – Done, Uber has passed along what he has
    • Get Square Space up and running so Ghini can create website ? Done. Almost ready to launch. 2 factor identification snafu.
    • Remind Hbomb to include a PWC Liaison – Duane. Craig please cc.
    • Purchase flasks for Robert’s appreciation gift – Who was on this? Chad, not yet.
    • Talk to Jacob about putting a lien on the property – can’t do it
    • Find Code of Conduct Draft and share
    • Email action items list to BoD – forgot to do
    • Committee Updates – and liaison appointments
      • Public Works Committee (Duane & ?))
        • Budget submitted for review and discussion.
        • ii. Need to redraft committee charter (Mary)
      • b. Event Committee (Mary & Duane)
      • c. Communications Committee (Chad & Ryan)
        • i. Chad met with Sara and the Communications Committee last Sunday (01/13/19) – need an update Chad – website being tested -commerce section for fundraisers.
        • ii. Need to create an org phone number, and post on website – ok
          Ryan – how do we monitor? Who owns it? The org. Chad set it up. He is working on having the message notifications sent to Board@…
      • d. Home – already discussed – really important to continue searching alternate venues.
        e. Conduct Committee (Chad) – Indefinite hiatus.
      • Improving committee structure
      • Committee charter template – draft is drafted. Committees to prepare their charters.
  • V. NEW BUSINESS
    • A. Committee Assignments – Handled during Committee Reports
    • B. Housekeeping-
      • 1. Board Expectations –
      • a. Information Sharing and Documentation
      • b. Attendance
      • c. Unilateral actions
      • d. Need new Code of Ethics and Conduct
    • C. Upcoming Retreat Plans and Update
    • D. Secretary Call-out – Duane
    • E. Hbomb’s Proposal for Year-round EC – discussion
    • F. EC and Team Leads Chosen
    • G. Predator Page and other potentially libelous social media
    • H. Personnel
    • I. Goals/Goal Setting
    • J. Event proposal – $95, up to 1,000 people – vote scheduled for Wednesday.
      • Small online art fundraiser, and some donations.
    • K. Maybe have a conversation with FLOW, Draven suggests splitting teams.
    • Treasurer’s Report – donations.
  • VI. ACTION ITEMS
    • Make sure EC knows we need an afterburn report
    • Make sure FLOW knows we need EMT/incident reports/summary and SOP
    • Require review of afterburn reports at Nov and June BoD meetings
    • Vote Wed on the PWC budget and Event proposal. Stabler says they are ok.
    • Remind CHFD to have a boot drive – they just had to buy a new fire truck.
    • Ryan asks to identify a champion for 501c3 Draven is on it.
    • Chad has updated the strengths finder spreadsheet – check it
  • VII. ADJOURN – Moved by Pres. 2:48 by consensus.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *