FAI BOD Minutes: May 2017

MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.

The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at the Old Smyrna Firehouse at 1:00 pm on May 20, 2017, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.

The following Directors were present: Michelle Waymire, Daniel Draven, Chad “Cinnamon” Jones, Mary Robb, David Stabler

The following Officers were present: Michelle Waymire (President), Mary Robb (Vice President), Daniel Draven (Treasurer)

The following community members were present: Ivan (Lance), Cat, Ed Bentley, Jeff, Llucas, Ryan King, puppies, Heather (HBomb), Anna

The President called the meeting to order at 1:07 PM.

In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting:

  • Combined Land Search and Community Outreach committees into single Home Committee.
  • PWC has been formed and members appointed.
  • Board voted to cancel Euphoria due to permitting issues.
  • Refund process was approved, and has gone public.
  • Budget for demolition of effigy at LBJ approved and project completed by PWC volunteers. The board extends its thanks to the volunteers who took care of that.
  • Approval of April Minutes – passed by consensus

OLD BUSINESS:

  1. President’s Report (Michelle)
    1. The president thanks everyone for their patience with regards to the canceling of Euphoria and the refund process.
  2. Committee Updates
  1. Public Works Committee (Michelle)
    1. Effigy has been torn down.
    2. For now containers will remain on LBJ.
    3. Contract has been sent to Jacob for review.
    4. Plan is to consolidate storage units at Candler road into the on 10’x30’ unit.
    5. Inventory move scheduled for mid June.
    6. Charter still in progress.
    7. PWC liaisons to EC approved.
    8. PWC requests to have Liaisons on Home committee.
      1. Mary motioned, Chad seconded, Approved by consensus.
  2. Event Committee (Draven)
    1. Need event lead for Alchemy
    2. Need to determine schedule for Alchemy and drop dead dates.
    3. Need drop dead dates for finding event lead(s)
    4. Chas & Sarah suggest Casey Davis as Art Fundraiser Event Lead.
    5. Need to adjust dates for Art Fundraiser.
  3. Communications Committee (Michelle)
    1. FAI Website progress. Contract renegotiation. Michelle will Follow up. Suggested we give him until end of June.
    2. Alchemist.
    3. Marketing plan and social media guidelines.
    4. Charter. (Moved to discuss over email)
  4. Home Committee (Draven)
    1. Members coming together, have a number of potential members with interest, goal of 12 members.
    2. Committee charter. Daniel to work on this.
    3. Structure definition. (under PWC, Independent?)
  5. Conduct Committee (Chad)
    1. Charter is ready for review, and committee is ready for public launch.
  6. Improving committee structure
    1. All charters are in progress!
      1. PWC (Incomplete)
      2. Events (Incomplete)
      3. Communications (Incomplete)
      4. Home (Incomplete)
      5. Conduct (Incomplete)
      6. TechOps (Incomplete)
      7. Elections (Incomplete)
    2. Bylaws review has also been tabled until June.
  7. Nondisclosure agreement for board, chairs, and major leadership
    1. Believed to be completed. Mary
  8. Business cards.
    1. Michelle to reach out to Ash to check progress on this and other action items.
  9. 2016 FAI Annual Report.
    1. Still in progress. Need to complete.
  10. Issuing 1099s
    1. Punted. To discuss in June meeting and implement prior to Alchemy.
  11. Action Items from April Meeting

NEW BUSINESS:

  1. Discuss Election committee members. Ivan (Lance) and Cat volunteered.
  2. Alchemy Dropdead Date.
  3. Chad motioned to appoint Ryan King to open non-voting board seat, Mary seconded, passed by consensus.
  4. Alchemy Lead/Colead prospects.
  5. Select lead for Art Fundraiser
  6. Select date Art Fundraiser (60 days from event proposed)
  7. Website renegotiations
  8. Election timelines
    1. Moving up election timeline to allow for more onboarding of new board members.
    2. Replacing Ash and three seats
  9. Bank Statement (as of 20 May 2017)
      1. Org: $154,000
      2. Alchemy Event: $32,000 (Loaded from Euphoria for potential refunds)
      3. Euphoria Event: $19,000 (will likely reduce as refunds are dispersed)
      4. Art Fundraiser Event: $5,000
      5. PWC: $1,700
      6. Money Market (Op Reserves): $55,000

Draven motioned to enter executive session, Chad seconded, Approved by consensus at 3:30pm

Board exited executive session at 4:35pm

ACTION ITEMS FROM APRIL

  • Make Facebook event for the Town Hall (Chad)*
  • Roll land search under PWC (Michelle)*
  • Reach out to Ash about status of action items and business cards (Michelle)*
  • Look into options for 501c(3) application (Draven)
  • Review event procedures with eye for ADA – fully due when afterburn report is published. Will have review completed by June Meeting (Mary)
  • Send call out for Alchemy Art Fundraiser (Michelle)*
  • Write up doc for CommComm procedures and how to’s (David)
  • Produce second draft of social media policy with admin and moderator roles (Michelle)
  • Create a marketing plan and communication guidelines for the org (Michelle)
  • Clean up Google drive (Everybody)
  • Complete Conduct Committee charter (Chad)*
  • Ask Eugene about forms (Michelle)
  • Finish 2016 Annual report (Michelle)
  • Publish 2015 annual report (Michelle)
  • Provide bylaws edits by June 2017 meeting (All)
  • Research automated payroll systems –  Gusto and competitors (Michelle)
  • Start writing institutional knowledge base (David)*
  • Add recommendation for annual strategic planning meeting to Leadership Code of Conduct (Mary)
  • Callout for Election committee (Michelle)*
  • Board offboarding best practices (Draven)

ACTION ITEMS FOR MAY

  • Call out form for Alchemy Event leads (Mary)
  • Continue writing Institutional Knowledge base. (David)
  • Look into options for 501c(3) application (Draven)
  • Review event procedures with eye for ADA – fully due when afterburn report is published. Will have review completed by June Meeting (Mary)
  • Write up doc for CommComm procedures and how to’s (David)
  • Produce second draft of social media policy with admin and moderator roles (Michelle)
  • Create a marketing plan and communication guidelines for the org (Michelle)
  • Clean up Google drive (Everybody)
  • Ask Eugene about forms (Michelle)
  • Engage Ryan and Ivan (Lance) about website.
  • Finish 2016 Annual report (Michelle)
  • Publish 2015 annual report (Michelle)
  • Provide bylaws edits by June 2017 meeting (All)
  • Research automated payroll systems –  Gusto and competitors (Michelle)
  • Add recommendation for annual strategic planning meeting to Leadership Code of Conduct (Mary)
  • Board offboarding best practices (Draven)
  • Ask home committee to look into 4 properties. (Draven)
  • Reach out to Jacob about permitting for Caroll county and property for Walker county. (Mary)

Michelle motions to adjourn. Passed by consensus. Meeting adjourned at 4:50 PM.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *