Select Page

MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.

The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at The Old Smyrna Firehouse (2889 Alexander Street SE. Smyrna, GA) at 1:00 pm on July 15, 2017, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.

The following Directors were present: Michelle Waymire, David Stabler, Daniel Draven, Mary Robb, Chad Jones

The following Officers were present: Michelle Waymire (President), Mary Robb (Vice President), Daniel Draven (Treasurer), Chad Jones (Secretary)

The following members of the community were present: Rachel Mosley, Llucas Chizek, Heather Jensen

The President called the meeting to order at  1:22 PM.

OLD BUSINESS

  1. President’s Report (Michelle)
    1. Decided to postpone vote to have Ryan replace Michelle until next meeting.
  2. Michelle motioned for executive session at 1:45pm. The board exited executive session at 2:20pm
  3. Committee Updates
  1. Public Works Committee (Michelle)
    1. Moved items into storage containers.
  2. Event Committee (Draven)
    1. Tentative dates for Alchemy 2017 are Oct 19-22
    2. Land visit scheduled and contract drafted.
    3. Council is still looking into regulations in Chattooga county.
    4. There are still no guarantees for the land or county.
    5. Asked about proposing $10,000 for land.
    6. Need to get FLOW out to the property for assessment.
    7. Proposed attendance cap at 2,000 people is being asked to drop to 1,500.
    8. Ask for a possible extendable cap of 500 tickets.
    9. What is expected org contribution?
    10. AAF contract signed and paid for.
  3. Communications Committee (Michelle)
    1. Website work still continuing. Michelle moving forward.
  4. Home Committee (Draven)
    1. Land visit scheduled
    2. Request for $5,000 for supplies and community goodwill in Summerville.
  5. Conduct Committee (Chad)
    1. Charter will be updated for review over the next month.
  6. Elections Committee (Michelle)
    1. Election is moving along.
  1. Improving committee structure
    1. All charters are in progress!
    1. PWC (Voted to approve)
    2. Events (Revisions postponed until after Alchemy)
    3. Communications/TechOps (Voted to approve)
    4. Home (Incomplete)
    5. Conduct (Draft completed and voted on)
    1. Bylaws review – Postponement of review cancelled. Bylaws to be reviewed over the next month.
  1. Nondisclosure agreement for board, chairs, and major leadership
    1. Draven to print physical copies for us to sign at next BOD meeting and EL meeting
  2. 501c3 Update – Chad and Draven to contact Ryan Marosy about next steps
  3. Issuing 1099s – Tabled to next meeting
  4. Midyear update on budget (Draven)
  5. Action Items from June Meeting

NEW BUSINESS

  1. D&O insurance update
    1. Application has been filed; still waiting to hear back from carrier
  2. Election Candidates – discussed via executive session at beginning of meeting
  3. Bank Statement (as of June 17,2017)
    1. Org: $38,063.40
    2. Alchemy Event: $15,216.02
    3. Euphoria Event: $18,882.38
    4. Art Fundraiser Event: $4,070.00
    5. PWC: $1,292.38
    6. Money Market (Op Reserves): $55,045.22
    7. Promissory Note Reserves: $0

ACTION ITEMS FROM JUNE:

  • Get storage container contract to Mike D. (Michelle)
  • Contact Mike D. about potential Alchemy dates (Mary)
  • Edit FAI website wireframes (Ryan)
  • Build FAI website in WordPress (Michelle)
  • Vote on TechOps and PWC Charters (Michelle to set up in Yahoo Groups)
  • Draft Home Committee Charter (Mary/Draven)
  • Finalize launch of Conduct Committee language (Chad)
  • Print physical copies of non-disclosure agreement and bring to next BOD meeting and first EL meeting (Draven)
  • Continue writing Institutional Knowledge base. (David)
  • Look into options for 501c(3) application (Draven)
  • Review event procedures with eye for ADA – fully due when afterburn report is published. Will have review completed by July Meeting (Mary)
  • Clean up Google drive (Everybody)
  • Research automated payroll systems –  Gusto and competitors (Michelle)
  • Board offboarding best practices (Draven)
  • Finalize D&O application and file (David)
  • Midyear budget update (Draven)

ACTION ITEMS FOR JULY:

  • Make sure cards for Euphoria are cancelled and Cards for Alchemy are created and distributed. (Draven)
  • Bylaw review. (Everybody, notes to be written by August 2 Hangout – to be discussed on that call)
  • Get storage container contract to Mike D. (Michelle)
  • Build FAI website in WordPress (Michelle)
  • Draft Home Committee Charter (Mary/Draven)
  • Print physical copies of non-disclosure agreement and bring to next BOD meeting and first EL meeting (Draven)
  • Continue writing Institutional Knowledge base. (David)
  • Look into options for 501c(3) application and contact Ryan Marosy about next steps (Chad/Draven)
  • Review event procedures with eye for ADA – fully due when afterburn report is published. Will have review completed by July Meeting (Mary)
  • Clean up Google drive (Everybody)
  • Research automated payroll systems –  Gusto and competitors (Michelle)
  • Board offboarding best practices (Draven)
  • Midyear budget update (Draven)

Meeting adjourned by consensus by  PM.