Select Page

MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.

The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at the Lobby of the Downtown Hilton hotel at 1:00 pm on April 18, 2017, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.

The following Directors were present: Michelle Waymire, Chad Jones, Daniel Draven, Mary Robb

The following Officers were present: Michelle Waymire (President), Mary Robb (Vice President), Daniel Draven (Treasurer)

The President called the meeting to order at 1:07 PM.

In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting: Ash Monogue has stepped down from the FAI Board of Directors and his role as Secretary. We accept his resignation and thank him for his service.

Old Business:

  1. President’s Report (Michelle)
    1. The President officially thanks the community for their patience as we figure out how to make our events more ADA compliant. In addition, a big thank you to the rest of the Board of Directors for maintaining professionalism and composure under fire, and to Cinnamon, who brought cheez-its to this meeting. *insert praise hands emoji here*
  2. Committee Updates
    1. Public Works Committee (Michelle)
      1. Everything has been inventoried. Only data entry remains.
      2. Two shipping containers have been purchased and placed at LBJ. Need to make sure storage contact is good to go as well.
      3. Moving day is Saturday, April 22. All Hands on Deck.
      4. Adding 2 PWC liaisons to the Event team as well.
      5. Charter pending; was punted to accommodate inventory.
    2. Event Committee (Draven)
      1. Went to the meeting last week to talk ADA stuff and leadership turnover and sit in on planning process. Events are overall in good shape.
      2. Still waiting for signed land contract. Insurance and permits in progress.
      3. Alchemy Art Fundraiser – Call out to be distributed in next Alchemist.
      4. Hosting Town Hall on Saturday at Center Camp at the burn. Time TBD. Be on the lookout for Facebook event.
    3. Communications Committee (Michelle)
      1. FAI Website in progress. Waiting on second round of invoice from web designer.
      2. Alchemist has resumed normal schedule, finally! We apologize for the delay in news.
      3. Still waiting on marketing plan and social media guidelines. Event stuff has eclipsed year round governance.
    4. Community Outreach Committee (Draven)
      1. Event stuff has eclipsed year round governance. Meeting with Bowdon officials on Monday to build bridges.
    5. Land Search (Michelle)
      1. No progress made because of Euphoria planning.
      2. Motion to roll this function into PWC. Passed by consensus.
    6. Conduct Committee (Chad)
      1. Reporting form is set up and ready to go. Will embed into new FAI site. Press release is drafted as well. Charter is in progress.
      2. Committee takes an official hiatus two weeks before and two weeks after the event. Forms will be available on site at Rangers station to process new cases as needed.
  3. Improving committee structure
    1. All charters are in progress!
    2. Bylaws review has also been tabled until May.
  4. Promissory Note to Alchemy, LLC.
    1. Note has been paid.
  5. Nondisclosure agreement for board, chairs, and major leadership
    1. Also in progress.
  6. Business cards.
    1. Michelle to reach out to Ash to check progress on this and other action items.
  7. 2016 FAI Annual Report.
    1. Still in progress. Need to complete.
  8. Issuing 1099s
    1. Punted. To discuss in May meeting and implement prior to Alchemy.
  9. Action Items from March Meeting – SEE BELOW.

New Business

  1. Motion to accept Chad as acting secretary. Approved by consensus.
  2. Budget for FB Promotions
    1. May boost posts the week before the event if tickets are still available.
  3. Election timelines
    1. Moving up election timeline to allow for more onboarding of new board members.
    2. Replacing Ash and three seats, plus board intern.
    3. Callout for Election committee in next Alchemist

Bank Statement (as of April 18, 2017)

Org: $48,934.17

Alchemy Event: $3,198.17

Euphoria Event: $49,129.76

Art Fundraiser Event: $5,000.00

PWC: $2,962.80

Money Market (Op Reserves): $55,039.73

Promissory Note Reserves: $0

Action items from March:

  • Post Feb minutes to website (Michelle)
  • Reach out to Jeff and Justin about being Chair and vice-Chair for PWC (Mary)
  • Schedule PWC meeting to review charter and figure out everything (Mary)
  • Still need to pay Smokey for container storage and get circus tent pole from Tareq’s (Michelle, Mary)
  • Plan and execute an inventory weekend (Michelle, Mary)
  • Look into options for 501c(3) application (Ash, Chad)
  • Review event procedures with eye for ADA (Ash, Mary)
  • Send call out for Alchemy Art Fundraiser (Ash)
  • Write up doc for CommComm procedures and how to’s (David)
  • Produce second draft of social media policy with admin and moderator roles (Michelle)
  • Create a marketing plan and communication guidelines for the org (Michelle)
  • Clean up Google drive (Everybody)
  • Complete Conduct Committee charter (Chad)
  • Ask Eugene about forms (Ash)
  • Ash to order business cards, Draven to pay (Ash, Draven)
  • Finish 2016 Annual report and publish 2015 annual report (Michelle)
  • Provide bylaws edits by April 2017 meeting (All)
  • Visa Gift card usage guidelines for the event budget (Draven)
  • Draft responses to other property options (Draven)
  • Draft Conduct Committee best practices for conveying information about complaint status (Draven, Chad)
  • Euphoria 60 day report (Ash)
  • Research automated payroll systems –  Gusto and competitors (Michelle)
  • Follow up on land contract with Jacob and draft revised version for visit on March 26 (Michelle)
  • Cross train Draven and Ash to submit Euphoria insurance (David)
  • Start writing institutional knowledge base (David)
  • Add recommendation for annual strategic planning meeting to Leadership Code of Conduct (Mary)

Action Items for April:

  • Make Facebook event for the Town Hall (Chad)
  • Roll land search under PWC (Michelle)
  • Reach out to Ash about status of action items and business cards (Michelle)
  • Look into options for 501c(3) application (Draven)
  • Review event procedures with eye for ADA – fully due when afterburn report is published (Mary)
  • Send call out for Alchemy Art Fundraiser (Michelle)
  • Write up doc for CommComm procedures and how to’s (David)
  • Produce second draft of social media policy with admin and moderator roles (Michelle)
  • Create a marketing plan and communication guidelines for the org (Michelle)
  • Clean up Google drive (Everybody)
  • Complete Conduct Committee charter (Chad)
  • Ask Eugene about forms (Michelle)
  • Finish 2016 Annual report and publish 2015 annual report (Michelle)
  • Provide bylaws edits by May 2017 meeting (All)
  • Research automated payroll systems –  Gusto and competitors (Michelle)
  • Start writing institutional knowledge base (David)
  • Add recommendation for annual strategic planning meeting to Leadership Code of Conduct (Mary)
  • Callout for Election committee (Michelle)
  • Board offboarding best practices (Draven)

President motions to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 2:56 PM.