MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.
The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at The Old Smyrna Firehouse at 4:00 pm on November 13, 2016, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.
The following Directors were present: Dusty, Rebecca, Michelle, Anna, Aislinn.
The following Officers were present: Dusty, president; Michelle, vice-president.
The following members of the community were present: Citrus Blossom, Justin, Ash, Robert, Mary, Jeff
The President called the meeting to order at 4:16 pm.
The minutes were approved as amended by consensus after a motion from the chair.
In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting: N/A
- Committee Updates
- Public Works Committee – Slight delays on event-related reporting due to illness. Finalizing replacement purchases before end of year.
- Event Committee – Working on the event reports. Working with Team Leads to get sections together.
- Communications Committee – Elections has pushed work on the FAI website aside. Alchemist chugging along as always.
- Community Outreach committee – Submitted callout for donations to next 11/20 Alchemist. Next week is a Burner Business Social.
- Land Search Committee – Exploring an alternate location in Chattooga County for future events. Land visit went well and site is promising, but due diligence is not yet complete.
- Conduct Committee – Callout for volunteers to go out in 11/20 Alchemist.
- Elections Committee – Callout has gone out. Application is live. Town Hall is scheduled for December 9, 2016 at Old Smyrna Firehouse from 7:30-9:30 PM.
- Event Committee Structure
- Last month, we voted to give each event its own Lead and Department heads to help prevent burnout. However, we need a structure that allows for BOD oversight and a primary point of contact with landowners, city officials, etc. Rebecca and Dusty presented a plan to address these issues.
- Key points of plan:
- Two voting board members sit on EC to provide training and oversight to Event Leads.
- BOD holds callouts for Event Leads, who then hold callouts for Department and Team Leads.
- BOD chairs handle year-round county and community relations. ELs handle relations on site.
- Motion to accept proposal by Rebecca. Seconded by Michelle. Passed unanimously.
- Taxes – Michelle to call tax people re: IRS late fees to check on waiving.
- Money Market – $50,031.38
- Org – $68,270.45
- Event – $48,169.12
- PWC – $5,984.18
- Rebecca to write ELT call out
- Rebecca to call LBJ re: potential Euphoria dates
- Rebecca to prepare Alchemy Event Report
- Michelle to reach out to potential new tax preparer
- Anna to look into Chattooga County land due diligence
Meeting adjourned by consensus at 5:48 pm.