MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.
The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at Rebecca’s house at 2:00 pm on September 11, 2016, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.
The following Directors were present: Dusty, Rebecca, Michelle, Anna, Aislinn.
The following Officers were present: Dusty, president; Michelle, vice-president.
The president called the meeting to order at 2:00 pm.
The reading of the minutes of the last regular meeting was waived as they had been presented for review online. The minutes were approved as amended by consensus after a motion from the chair.
In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting:
- September 7 – 2015 taxes paid.
Business (Meeting was focused on governance issues; notes reflect a break from regular discussion structure):
- Proposed restructure of BOD and election process
- Move from elected to appointed board. Appointed board provides more stability and appointment of qualified persons into specific roles (eg, finance, governance, etc.). Proposal includes:
- Unanimous appointment by the board for each member
- Require an application process to become a board member.Call out will contain specific skill sets sought.
- Five year term, renewable by application after one year break.
- Incoming board members suggested to shadow current members for one year (barring emergency appointments)
- Communication to community
- September Alchemist
- Town Hall at Alchemy in Center Camp on Saturday – Post Facebook event.
- Proposed restructure of Event Committee – Rebecca’s proposal
- Separate teams for Euphoria, Alchemy, and Art Fundraiser
- SOP for each event”s organization
- 1-3 Board appointed event lead
- Proposal required for the application process
- ELs need to be covered by D&O
- Community Building Opportunities
- Monthly micro-events at Old Smyrna Firehouse – potluck; organized by different team/theme camp/committee to showcase work of entity.
- Communications Committee – solicit blog posts, Facebook posts/answers/events,
- Land – Visit to potential property in Chattooga County scheduled for October 2.
- Conduct Committee – Solicit applications for members and appoint after Alchemy.
Meeting adjourned 6:15 pm.