FAI BOD Minutes: November 2015

MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.
The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at 1:15 p.m. on November 14th, 2015, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.
The following Directors were present: Anna, Ash, David, Michelle, Tunna
The following Directors were excused: Jessica, Tareq
The following Directors were absent:
The following acted as secretary for the meeting: David
The following members of the Community were in attendance: Alison, Aislinn

The reading of the minutes of the last regular meeting was waived as they had been presented for review online.  Minutes approved by consensus.

In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of Business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting:

  1. Selection of 2016 EC, to be appointed at time certain: 11/14/2015
  2. 30 Day BMorg Report

The following old business was discussed:

  1. Board Secretary Process – David
    1. Two candidates in attendance
  2. Regional Status – Tunna;
    1. had a nice long phone call with Sauce, BM is aware of issues with our relationship.  We are continuing to work through the path to find options for future agreements together.
  3. Committee Updates
    1. PW Committee;
      1. looking into transportation options for new site, ballpark on cost
      2. Land Search (sub)Committee;
        1. reviewing land sites, going on site 11/15 for first site, setting date for second site (hopefully before retreat date)
    2. Event Committee Updates;
      1. 2015 EC wrapping up, published 30 day report, finalizing budget and 90 day report, paying final big bills, swag being finalized;
      2. 2016 EC meeting 11/15, going over basic structure, basic bookkeeping setups in place; Leadership and Budgets meetings will be in-person meetings, but working on e-meetings as appropriate;
    3. Communications Committee Update;
      1. Alchemist publishing schedule looks to be the 1st and the 15th.
      2. Website coming soon
    4. Community Outreach Committee Update
      1. Callouts for donations for end-of-year
    5. Elections Committee
      1. Election closes tomorrow, results posted soon, everyone technically elected
  4. Budget
    1. Tabled to online discussion and retreat
  5. Sexual Harassment Policy
    1. Tabled to retreat
  6. Retreat
    1. Topics
      1. Sent to the Board for review
    2. Topic Leaders
      1. Board should self-select and prepare presentations (15-45 mins), with guidance from Anna and Michelle
    3. Budget
      1. $1260 for the space, need to work out food
    4. Logistics
      1. Arrival Friday night, plan to arrive NLT 5pm for earliest person
  7. Financial Closure of 2014 – Taxes
    1. Best practices being put in place to make 2015 move smoother

The following new business was discussed:

  1. Length of President’s term [Officers terms, Bylaws sec 4.1]
    1. Open discussion concerning the one versus two year term limit concept
  2. Board Advisors
    1. Consider an advisory committee to the Board, to allow discussion of sensitive topics with past members during the year following their exit from office
  3. Bank Statement – Current as of MM/DD/YY
    1. Org $
    2. Event: $
    3. APW: $
    4. Money Market: $
    5. Paypal: $
  4. Appointment of the EC as selected
    1. Discussion about the methods of transition of seats so as to allow this to happen properly
    2. Ash resigned as Non Voting Board Member of 2015 – accepted
    3. Incorporator appointed David Stabler to EC twice, and resigned, accepted twice, pursuant to Bylaws 3.3 in order to collapse final Incorporator appointment powers.
    4. Ash to  be appointed to the EC Non-Voting Board Member seat 15 Nov 2015 to 01 Nov 2016
    5. Board confirms vote to appoint the EC for 2016 to end 01 NOV 2016
  5. Open online discussion of the EC Board slot
    1. Currently held by Tareq

Action Items of Note:
Michelle/Anna, Retreat Plan 11/17
Callout for Charity to Alchemist 11/16
Tareq and Michelle to talk about Budget Items 11/16
Confirm Taxes were paid – David 11/14
APW Committee Writeup Updates – Tunna 11/20
Email about Board Budget Process for Review – Tunna 11/20
Anna to send out a Doodle about December Meeting 11/16

Confirmation of Upcoming Meetings
December Retreat –  04-05 December in Sautee, Georgia / Clarkesville
December Meeting Date – TBD, Week of 12/13-12/19

Meeting adjourned at 3:40 pm by Consensus

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *